Click to download the installer for Bible Reading Plan Generator.
Bible Reading Plan Generator is software allowing you to generate a plan for reading any books of the Bible you choose over any number of days you wish. Bible Reading Plan Generator will then give you a list of passages, one for each day; those passages will be as near as possible to equal in length.
The current version is 2.5
Instructions for use are included within the software. Click on the Help menu.
The software is Free to use. Free to distribute. No warranty. But still all Copyright © J R Oakley May 2009.
For details of the freeware license, run the installer where you will be asked to agree to the terms.
Download the setup program, and run it; you will need to have Administrator rights when you do so, as is the case for most software installations. The installer will lead you through the process of installing Bible Reading Plan Generator on your computer. When you've finished, you will find a shortcut to launch the program on your start menu. If you opted to have one, there will also be a shortcut on your desktop.
To uninstall, go to Add / Remove Programs, as you would to uninstall any software.
Note: You need to have Microsoft’s .NET Framework installed. Most Windows 2000, XP or Vista computers, updated regularly through Windows Update, will have this.
You need version 2.0 of the .NET Framework or later. At time of writing, this means 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5. Specifically, this application will not run with versions 1.0 or 1.1 of the .NET Framework.
Yes please – I’d love it. Please let me know any bugs you find, features you’d like, interesting uses to which you put it, etc.
What does it look like?
To help you visualise it, here is a screenshot
I hope it helps someone.
- 2.1 - First public release
- 2.2 - A private interrim version that was never released publicly
- 2.3 - Made the Cancel button more stable, and added the statistics section to help someone tweak the optional settings to get an optimal reading plan for them.
- 2.4 - A private interrim version that was never released publicly
- 2.5 - Added feature to allow for reading plans that only contain entire chapters; added feature to automatically check for new releases; added installer.